Sunday, December 20, 2015

November 23, 2015 - Cabo Rojo

A photo from a member's backyard while on intercambios (exchanges) in Isabella.
Hello! How are you guys? Are you all freezing yet? It's the weirdest feeling preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas in 90 degree weather..... I miss the cold, but oh well. I'll enjoy this while it lasts. :)

This week was a bit slow because Hermana Melgar was sick for a bit and then Hermana Human got sick too, so we couldn't get a whole lot done, but I had some cool experiences this week so it was still good. :)

First, on Thursday I had intercambios with Hermana Portillo and she is absolutely wonderful. I left the intercambio with a huge list of things that I learned and wanted to change and do in my area. It was such an incredible learning experience and I'm so excited to try these new things here in Cabo Rojo.

One of the things I learned was to really and sincerely pray for EVERYTHING! Like what should we do? And if we need to contact... Where should we go? Which street? Which side of the street? Very specific so that we can be guided to those who really are ready instead of wasting our time at a whole bunch of houses with people who aren't interested. So we tried it on Saturday. I felt inspired to contact a certain side of a street so we started there. A mom and her daughter were walking towards us but crossed the street right before we got to them, but I felt a distinct impression to talk to them. So I crossed and stopped them and started talking to them and found out that the mom and her 6 kids are members! They haven't been coming to church because she was really sick in the hospital and then her husband died and they had to sell their cars so they didn't have a way to go to church. We checked our ward directory and they weren't even on there so it was a miracle that we found them! We had an awesome lesson with them and I think they'll come to church this Sunday. It was such a great experience and really strengthened my testimony of the guidance of the Spirit.

Thanksgiving is definitely celebrated here! We have FOUR dinner appointments that day! I'm already planning on gaining 20 pounds..... And for Christmas, we'll be able to Skype so yes, please send me your info! :) Also, about music, I would LOVE new music! But a couple things, the only music we can listen to is music that has been produced FOR or BY the church. EFY, Motab, Hymns, stuff like that is ok. Spanish and English songs would be great. And have you heard of the musical Lamb of God by Rob Gardner? I don't know if it was produced for the church, but if it was, could you send some of the songs from that musical? He is an incredible composer. And the best way to send it would be to put the songs on a CD or on a flashdrive. Thanks so very much! And yes, next week I'll send the numbers for my perscription.

And thank you so much mom for your thoughts about what I said last week. That was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Heidi- Oh good luck with proofs! Those were my least favorite.... And maybe you should start doing little finder exercises to strengthen those fingers! :)

Dad- Thanks for your thoughts as well! Love you!

Love you all so much! See you in a month! :)


--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment