Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 2, 2015

Bowling party for Pday

Bowling with the district

District Meeting
This week was awesome! :)

Monday, after I emailed you guys, we had a zone activity and we went bowling again. I dominated. :) It was way fun! Then, the rest of the week was pretty normal and then Friday, we had a baptism!!!!!! It wasn't ours, it was the elders, but still, it was awesome!!! I finally got to attend my first baptism! It was such a spiritual experience and absolutely incredible to see the change in the man that was baptized. His mom was a less active that we had been teaching, and then she got reactivated last month and that's when he accepted a baptismal date! It was a miracle! The baptism was supposed to be at 6 and then our Halloween party at 7, but the baptism didn't start until 6:30 which ended up being a huge miracle. We actually had an investigator come to the activity!!!! She brought her 19 year old daughter and 2 neighborhood kids and they showed up at 7 for the activity, but because the baptism started late we were still finishing up. So she got there just in time to hear the testimony of the man that was baptized. The spirit was so strong and I know she felt it. It was such a miracle! Then she stayed for the rest of the activity and said she absolutely loved it!

For the activity we had a talent show which was so awesome! In the Latin culture, dancing is HUGE so basically every act was dancing, but I absolutely loved it! It's so hard being a missionary and then watch these dances because all I wanted to do was dance, but unfortunately we can't..... bummer, but it's ok! It was still awesome!!!! Then, after the talent show, we did Trunk-or-Treating. It was great! We weren't expecting the activity to turn out very well, but we had a great turn out and everyone had so much fun. It was an absolute blast! And we were just so so so so happy that we finally had an investigator show up to something! :)

Then on Halloween, we did some service in the morning and then headed to Trujillo Alto for a mission conference. The entire mission got together and Elder Cornish and Elder Christensen (not the apostle) came to speak to us. It was so good and so uplifting! Afterwards, for our safety, they told us not to leave our houses, so we went home and had a movie night! We had bought soda and cookies and ice cream and donuts so it was basically a party watching "The Testaments". :) 

And this week it just rained and rained and rained and rained some more. And again, we were just freezing cold! It was terrible but so great because it's been pretty dry here. We had some thunder storms where the thunder and the lightning happened at the same time and it was so loud and the house we were in was shaking like crazy. It was so cool!!! I have never seen storms as fierce as the ones this week- I loved it!

Now the part that I know you were all waiting for..... Transfers!!!! We got transfer calls last night and it's good bye Aguas Buenas for me. I'm sad to leave the members and the investigators we are teaching but at the same time, I'm ready for a change, so I'm super excited! I'm leaving tomorrow for Cabo Rojo which is on the complete opposite side of the island and it's on the beach! The weird part is that I'm going to be in a trio... It's going to be interesting, but I'm excited to try something new! Hermana Pardo is going to stay here and train! Wahoo! :) So I've basically just been packing all morning but I'm just about done now so it's all good. :) 

Nathan- You had 2 hours to email?!?!?! I can't even imagine what that would be like. We have 1 hour most of the time but some weeks only 45 minutes. It's super hard. 

Heidi- nice job on your flyaway! And I loved your costume!!! :) Good luck in chemistry! That was always really hard for me too...

Sorry I don't have much time left, but just know that I love this gospel and I know it's the truth. It's the source of all my joy and happiness and peace and I know that it can bless our lives in every aspect. I love my Savior and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve Him. I love you all and am praying for you everyday. Good luck with everything this week!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment