Saturday, October 8, 2016

September 19, 2016 - Truly Converted

Members from Aguas Buenas

Guayama!

Deep cleaning - before.....

after.....
Hello family!!!! I love you all so very much. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you and I hope you know how much I love you!

This week was really good! We've seen so many miracles and received so many blessings and I'm just so overwhelmed with gratitude for all the Lord has done and is doing for us. It's incredible. First, on Tuesday we had zone meeting! It was wonderful because we taught about something that I absolutely love- Personal Revelation. I absolutely love the definition of Personal Revelation in the Bible Dictionary. Revelation is absolutely essential and I'm so grateful that through the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ we have this miraculous blessing of people able to communicate with our Father in Heaven and receive His guidance in our lives. 

We've been teaching a less active named Y. and I don't think I've seen a bigger change in anyone else. When we first met her she was so critical and negative and said she didn't believe in God and didn't want anything to do with religion and she was constantly swearing and saying horrible things about her family members and basically just hating life. But this week we went and visited her and the change was so incredibly huge! She listened attentively as we read 3 Nephi 11 with her and she offered to say the prayer and she told us that she believes in God and that she loves us and is grateful for our help in bringing the love of God into her home and she doesn't complain or criticize anymore and she told us she's going to start coming back to church every week! It's incredible what the Atonement of Jesus Christ can do. It was hilarious though because as we were reading about Christ's appearance in the Americas, we paused for a second and looked up at her and she had this huge smile on her face and said "He came to destroy didn't he?" It was the funniest thing! But don't worry, we cleared that one up. :)

Also, we had stake conference this weekend! It was so good and I got to see the members from Aguas Buenas again! It was wonderful. I learned so much from the talks given and one that I especially liked was about true conversion. He said if we are truly converted, we fear God more than man and we keep the commandments not because we should do it, but because we WANT to do it. It reminded me of a scripture in 3 Nephi 6:14. The Lamanites were truly converted and were "willing with all diligence" to do what is right and keep the commandments. True conversion is a process and comes with time but it's completely possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He also said that conversion is the result of revelation and repentance. I thought that was really interesting as well and clearly explains that it's our choice. If we want to be converted we have to repent and we have to be worthily seeking revelation. If we do, our testimonies will grow and we'll be firm in the faith. 

How fun to have a little birthday getaway! I sent a package... I hope it gets there soon! :) But I'm so glad that it was a good day! I love you all so much and good luck, Heidi at homecoming!!! Have a wonderful week!!!!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment