Saturday, October 8, 2016

September 26, 2016 - Refuge from the Storm


On splits


Sisters Activity

In Humacao

Loving her mission

Hello family! So sorry that I couldn't email you all yesterday but thank you for being so fiel and emailing me every week! I love you all so so very much!!!! :)

So this week was very good/interesting. First, last Monday Hna. Keith and I took a little companion date to Humacao to find a spot for a sisters activity. It was so super fun and truly I'm in awe at the beauty of the world. Everything is just absolutely gorgeous and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here on this beautiful island! 

This week we found such an awesome family! The family T. is a family of 5 (mom and 4 kids) and they are all so interested in learning about the gospel and they all accepted to be baptized on the 22nd of Oct! Only one of them was able to come to church on Sunday, but really they are just so amazing and so prepared! It's been a huge miracle being able to know them and teach them. Please pray for them! :)

Also, you probably heard about the major power outage here. Luckily for us, we were only without power one day, but there are some areas that didn't have power or water for several days! But the Lord truly blessed and protected us that night without power. Everything was super pitch black, because the street lights weren't working but we kept on working. We planned to go to a specific area to contact and find new people but before we got there, we were passing one of our investigators (an old lady) and right as we were passing she was walking down a driveway and she slipped and slammed her head on the ground and was in a lot of pain. So we ran over to help and spent the rest of the night helping her out and we ended up having to call the ambulance to come get her. It was super crazy, but later we found out that it was a huge blessing! We heard that some people took advantage of the power being out and there was a shooting in the area where we had planned to be. If we hadn't been with that lady, and we had kept going to that specified area, who knows what may have happened? The Lord was truly watching over us and I'm so grateful for His love and guidance. But then the next day our power came back, so everything is good now. :)

Also, one of our investigators already has her Christmas tree up! Crazy, huh?! But also, Women's conference was SOOOOO good! I loved it so much! I absolutely loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk and Sister Oscarson's talk. They were incredible. I'm a bit short of time so I can't share very much, but I'll share more next week. :)

Then we had our sister activity yesterday, and it was super fun! I love being surrounded by so many wonderful people. They are such great examples to me and I love them so much! :)

Mom- thank you for your email! I loved the thoughts that you shared! And poor Amelia... :( Tell her I love her lots! 

Dad- thank you as well for your email! What you shared was perfect and I learned a lot. Thank you! Did you get your denture cleanser? :)

I love you all so much and wish I had more time, but next week will be better! Have an absolutely fantastic week!!!! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment