Saturday, October 8, 2016

August 29, 2016 - The Church is True!

With a convert from Cabo Rojo

Baptism!


Transfer craziness


Teaching with a member
What a wonderful week. Full of ups and downs but it ended in a bang. Tuesday was transfer day so we spent all day again switching the sisters around. We got lost several times but in the end, we all made it! :) Also, two new sisters came this time and both of them are in our zone! It's super fun having two greenies to work with. They are wonderful! :) 

The highlight of the entire week- MODESTO WAS BAPTIZED!!!! We weren't sure he was going to make it. On Sunday, after we heard that he was back in the hospital we were super nervous that he wouldn't feel better by Saturday. But we immediately started a fast and then we got in contact with the missionaries that worked in the area of the hospital and asked them to give Modesto a blessing. On Monday night, we got a call from them saying that they gave him a blessing and that he loved it. He also told them that he was still planning on getting baptized on Saturday, so that definitely raised our spirits! On Friday, he passed his interview and Saturday he got baptized. It was the most wonderful baptismal service I have ever been to. There was so much member support and an investigator as well and Hermana Keith and I did a musical number with her ukelele and the spirit was just so strong. After Modesto came up out of the water, he looked out at us through the glass with the biggest and happiest smile I've ever seen. It was the most beautiful moment ever. He truly changed and is so much happier now that he has the truth in his life. I love being a missionary and having these opportunities to see peoples' lives change. I love it. And I'm so grateful for the priesthood and for worthy men who hold it and use it to bless the lives of the children of God. The church is true. :)

Also, I had the biggest surprise on Sunday. We walked in to church and greeted some members and then I looked down the hall and there was Angel from Cabo Rojo!!! He drove out to Guayama just to visit me and see how I was doing. How sweet is that? It was so good to talk to him and see that he is still strong in the gospel. My biggest fear is that the people that I've worked with in Cabo Rojo will forget their testimonies and fall away, but he reassured me that all is well and that the wards in Cabo Rojo are growing like crazy! I'm so full of gratitude for all that the Lord has blessed me with and that He is watching over the people of Cabo Rojo and that I had that opportunity to see Angel again. Have I mentioned that I love being a missionary? :) 

Then we had a great lesson with Leslie and Miguel! They truly are searching for the truth and humbly want to follow God so that they can be good examples to their baby girl and have a strong, united family. I just absolutely love teaching them! The spirit is always so powerful. I know they will receive and answer and know that this is the truth. The problem though that we're facing with them and with 4 other couples that we're teaching right now is that none of them are married. Marriage is becoming less and less popular and it's so sad to see how many broken families there are. I hope these couples will decide to get married and be able to build their families around Christ and His gospel and be able to live with their families for all eternity. I know that we truly can enjoy eternal families through the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so grateful for the eternal family I have and that I was raised with these values and that all of this is possible through the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

We also taught another couple this week, C. and Juan. C. actually came to Modesto's baptism which was awesome! But it's really sad because both of them have desires to follow God but they feel like they've gone too far astray to be able to come back and be true followers of Christ. We had a very powerful lesson with them as we explained repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I'm so grateful that we have this hope and peace that we can change and that we can turn back to Christ. The Lord loves us and is waiting for us with open arms. If we just begin with the desire to come to Him, begin by reaching out our weak and feeble hand, He will grab on to us and pull us closer to Him. I know that Jesus Christ truly is our Savior and that He suffered and died for each and every one of us so that we can become more like Him and be able to fulfill our purpose here on earth. 

Thank you guys so much for your emails and the thoughts you shared with me! I love you all so so very much!!!! I'm sorry mom that you have to deal with so many difficult situations... that must be so hard. But I know you're making a difference in their lives and that you're the right one to help them out. You can do it! :) Also, thank you dad for your thoughts. I know the Lord has sent me here for a reason and that hopefully He can use me to bless the lives of His children here in PUERTO Rico. :) 

And.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!!!!!!!! I love you so so very much and hope you have the very best birthday ever! 

I love you all and am always praying for you! Have an absolutely wonderful week!!!!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment