Monday, November 14, 2016

October 17, 2016 - He Knows Us

With a previous companion, Hermana Melgar

Hello family!!!! Wow, this week was full of fire! We found new people like crazy! It really was so incredible how many times we were lead right to people who needed us in that very moment and that have been so prepared to receive the góspel. We met this one lady named J. and she really has been through so much in her life. She's passed through some super difficult trials but is so willing to turn to the Lord and keep pushing forward. Our lessons with her have been so full of the Spirit and I think for the first time she's finally recognizing how much the Lord loves her. It's been incredible and I can't wait till she can be baptized and receive the fulness of the góspel.

Also, on Wednesday, we had MLC and it was absolutely wonderful. I learned so much! We first started talking about our studies and how to make them more effective and something I learned is that like it says in the scriptures we have to be agents and act and not wait to be acted upon so when we study we need to take a question into the scriptures. A lot of times we read the scriptures hoping that something will stick out to us or some sort of revelation will come, but it doesn't work that way. We have to take a question into the scriptures to be able to find new things and receive new revelation. I've made it a more conscious goal to have a question in mind during every study and wow, pero wow. My studies have changed so much and I just love them even more than before! If we truly seek inspiration and revelation and act as agents, we'll find what we're looking for and the mysteries of God will be revealed to us.

Also we talked a lot about the Atonement and I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The changes I've been able to see in my own life and the lives of others are absolutely incredible and I know that it is only posible through our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through Him, nothing is imposible. We can change. We can improve. We can become more like Him. There is nothing we can't do when we have our faith and trust in Him. In the end, the ultimate goal is to be more like our Savior. At the judgment day we won't be judged with a list of all the good and bad we did in life, but we'll be judged for how Christ-like we've become and how much we've dedicated our lives to Him. And it's only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can become more Christ-like and become who He wants us to be.

Thank you for sending my byu information! I'm going to attempt to figure out my clases so that it'll all be ready for registration for you guys. Thanks so much for doing it! :) 

Thank you and dad so much for your spiritual thoughts!!! I love you guys!

I love you all so so very much and hope you have an absolutely wonderful week!!!!

-- 
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment