Monday, November 14, 2016

October 31, 2016 - Mis Queridos Boricuas

Delicious desserts!


Hello family!!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! Halloween basically doesn't exist here, but I hope you're all enjoying it on that side of the world. :) This week was SOOO good. It was absolutely incredible and I am blown away every day by this remarkable opportunity I've been given to be a missionary. I'm so very grateful for this past year and a half. It's been the most beautiful experience in the world! :) This week we got to clean quite a few windows for the members. It was so much fun being able to spend that time with them and get to know them better. I love these Boricuas so so very much! 

Then, we've been teaching this lady named J.  But she is amazing! She is progressing so much and she came to a ward activity we had on Saturday and then she came to church on Sunday and she loved it all! She's super excited for her baptism on the 12th and we are too! :) And mom, I think you asked about her fear to come to church. It's more of a fear of commitment and failure. All Puerto Ricans have it. They don't want to fail in the future so they don't bother making the commitment now. But we've been working with her on this and I think she's overcoming it, so it's all good! :) 

On Saturday, we had a dessert night with the ward and it was so much fun! There are quite some delicious desserts here in Puerto Rico! But I think I might have diabetes now..... :) As we were setting up for the activity, a member came up to me and asked "Are you ready-?!" Thinking of the activity I said, "Yeah! Of course!" And then she said "-ready to go home!" It was super funny but kind of a reality check too. I can't believe November has come so stinking fast! It's absolutely crazy... But the members are all so great and ever since they found out I'm leaving soon, they've been buying Puerto Rico souvenirs for me. It's the sweetest thing in the world. I love them so much. 

Then, we had a zone activity today! We went to a park and played soccer and frisbee and some other sports and then ate pizza. It was super fun until it started pouring rain..... but it was super fun! :)

I don't really have a specific spiritual experience to share this week, but just all this week I've been so full of gratitude for this gospel and all the blessings we have because of it. I'm so grateful for our Father in Heaven who loves us and cares about us and has sent us His son Jesus Christ to make it possible for us to return to Him. This truly is the true church and the only place where we can find the authority of God and the fulness of the gospel. I'm so grateful that I've been born into the covenant and that I've been blessed with such wonderful parents who have raised me in this gospel and an incredible family who love and support me and have helped me become who I am today. 

I love you guys so so very much and hope you have an absolutely wonderful week!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment