Friday, October 30, 2015

October 12, 2015

Hello Familia! Wow what a week! This week we worked super hard and walked SOOOO much so on Sunday we were just about dying. this week took a lot of effort, but it was a pretty good week! We were finally able to contact all the references we have received in the past couple weeks and visit a lot of less actives and contact a TON of new areas. Also, at the beginning of this week I realized that I've been complaining a bit about the area because there's not much progress so I made a goal to work harder to see the miracles and blessings every day throughout the week and wow! There were so many miracles, it was incredible! 

One, was that we had spent an entire day contacting an area that was about an hour and a half away and we had ended up staying there longer than we had planned on so it was already dark when we started walking back. The road was super small and scary with lots of curves and no lights, and there are a lot of creepers out at night so we were super nervous. About 10 minutes into walking, we were in a super scary area so we stopped and said a prayer asking for someone to offer us a ride and about 2 minutes later, someone offered us a ride! It was a huge blessing!

Also, one day we stopped at the hospital to use the restroom and while I was waiting the lady who was working at the desk came up to me and asked if I was a Mormon. When I said yes, she got super excited and asked if she could have a pamphlet and our number. I gave them to her and then she had to go back to work but said she would call us later. And guess what? She did! The next day she called us and said she really wanted to meet with us and go to church! She said she had seen missionaries come in to serve the people in the hospital many times and that she felt something special when she saw us so she wanted to know more. She got really sick after that so we haven't been able to have an official lesson with her yet, but we're so excited to teach her! It was definitely a miracle!

Another one, yesterday we had an appointment with someone an hour away from where we had been contacting. so an hour before the appointment we started walking towards the other area. About 20 min into our walk, someone stopped and offered us a ride so then when we got to the area where our appointment was we still had 30 min left. we weren't quite sure what to do, but then we both had a prompting to visit a contact that we had met the week before that lived really close by. When we got to her house she was super sad and stressed and lonely and just started bawling as she started telling us everything that was going on. She really just needed some company and some support and we were sent to help her. It was such perfect timing to be able to show up during a time of crisis and be able to help her and comfort her. I know Heavenly Father sent us that ride so that we would have enough time to visit her. It was a miracle! And now that we have her trust, we're going to try to start teaching her and helping her progress toward baptism. We're super excited!

There were a lot of other miracles and blessings that happened every single day and it was amazing to be able to recognize them and realize how much the Lord is helping us every single day. It was great! 

In my personal study this week I found something super cool! In the spanish scriptures there is something in the back called "The Guide to the Scriptures" which is kind of a mix of the topical guide and the bible dictionary with a little bit more. I found one that was super interesting to me. It's the "signs of the true church". It lists 10 characteristics of the true church of God. They are: The correct concept of the Trinity, the first principles and ordinances, revelation, prophets, authority, the publication of new scriptures, the organization of the church, missionary work, spiritual gifts, and temples. I thought the one about the publication of new scriptures was really super interesting. I didn't realize that in the Bible it prophesies that the true church in the last days will have a new set of scriptures to testify alongside the Bible. I was super excited to find that. :) I know that we are in the true church and that we have prophets and apostles to lead and guide us and that they have the proper authority of God and receive modern revelation for our day and time. I know that book of mormon is the word of God and that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are the key to obtaining exaltation. I'm so grateful to be a part of the truth and even more, to be a part of sharing the truth with others. 

Mom- the earthquake wasn't all that big so it probably wasn't news worthy. :) I LOVE mia's school pic! How cute! And thank you so much for that spiritual thought from Lindsay Hammon about at least converting ourselves on our missions. That was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!

Chris- nice wookie costume! love it! What song did you guys do? 

Dad- thanks for the email and the spiritual thought. That's definitely been the hardest part of my mission so far is Satan telling me that I'm not having any baptisms or progress because I'm not working hard enough or because I'm not a good enough missionary. So thank you for the reminder that I can still be successful even if others aren't willing to use their agency to choose the right. Thank you! And good luck with your ward! I'll be praying for them. 

Heidi- I love you so much! Thanks for writing me every single week! I really appreciate it! I love you!

Thanks everyone for all of the support and love! I love you all so much and never forget that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you too! Good luck with everything this week!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment