Friday, October 30, 2015

October 5, 2015

Sisters in her zone

Zone sisters

Playing with the effects on the camera

Fun with camera effects in between conference sessions

Having fun
Oh boy! This week was just full of contacting! I think that's really all we did. The people here aren't very receptive to the gospel so it's really hard finding people to teach, but we just keep pushing on! I know God is preparing someone here, and I know we'll find them shortly! :)

The family that had baptismal dates is now planning on moving to the states so.... we're kind of at a standstill with them and aren't sure if they'll be baptized before they leave. We hope so! Or at the very least, I hope they continue with the lessons in Massachusetts. It'll be interesting to see what happens with them.

Also, on Friday (maybe Thursday...) we had an earthquake! It was great! :) We were both saying our nightly prayers and our room just started shaking for about 5 seconds. It was really short but super exciting! Strangely, I love earthquakes. 

On Friday we had a missionary activity with the branch where we taught them all Lesson 1 and then helped teach them how they can share it with others and how to invite others to FHE or church or algo asi. We each had a section of Lesson 1 to teach and each did a little activity with it. I had the section on the Book of Mormon, prayer and the spirit. It was so fun and such a cool learning experience with the members! 

CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! There are way to many talks to talk about. I really liked the one by Elder Larry R. Lawrence and how he invited us to ask the Lord what more we can do and what is keeping us from progressing. It was really cool, because I did it that night and clear as day the Spirit told me what I needed to do. It was awesome. Also, I loved how President Henry B Eyring spoke about keeping our testimonies "fresh" in preparation for hard times. That as we constantly and consistently nourish it, it will grow and be strengthened so that we can have the guidance, comfort, and help of the Spirit when tough times come. And poor President Monson. That seriously broke my heart. But how grateful I am that we have a living prophet of God who guides and directs us. I know He is the prophet of God and that the Lord speaks and leads His church through Him. And Elder Holland's talk about the love of a mother.... wow, that was a powerful talk but a difficult one as a missionary. I just want to say thank you mom for all you are. For the example you have set for me and for your loving patience and diligent efforts to lead me in the way of the Lord. Thank you for always being there for me and for exemplifying Christ-like attributes and being someone that I can strive to be like. I love you so much!!!! There were so many other talks to that I simply loved but I'll save those for another week :)

Also, miracle moment! After conference yesterday we decided to contact some references we had received and while we were walking through pueblo I had a thought to visit a recent convert. I asked Hermana Pardo about it and she felt the same so we turned around and headed to their house. When we got there, she was having a breakdown and going through something pretty serious. We were the answer to her prayers and I'm so grateful that we acted on that prompting and were able to be there for her and help her through it. I know that when we are close to the Spirit the Lord can work through us and we can be the answer to others prayers. 

I love Amelia's pic! How cute! And Heidi your quote designs are awesome! I loved them so much! And I'm so glad you're keeping up the car dancing! Just keep right on dancing like no one's watching... :) I love you all so much and pray for you every day! Good luck with school mom, I know you can do it! :) Love you!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment