Sunday, February 14, 2016

December 28, 2015

Hello!!!! What a week! Here, Christmas Eve is a bigger deal than Christmas day, so Christmas Eve the town was super dead. Nobody was outside or at home and those that were were too busy to listen to us. It was a bit rough, but it was nice because we had eating appointments with an investigator for lunch and then two for dinner (one with a less active and one with a member). It was super fun and I really enjoyed it.

We still haven't had the baptism for K. and H. but we're hoping to have it this week. Also, we had a huge miracle with a less active. We had passed by her house several times but every time we did, nobody was home. Well, this week we were contacting but nobody was home and it wasn't very effective so we decided to pray. After we prayed we felt like we should pass by this less actives house. And this time someone was outside! It was the less actives daughter who is also a less active. We started talking to her but she was pretty annoyed and didn't want to listen to us or anything. In the end we ended up just asking her if she could give us a bit of water and when she came out with the water it gave us the chance to talk to her a bit more. We started talking to her about the peace and assurance that comes from the gospel of Christ and the hope that we can live with our loved ones for forever in the next life if we remain faithful in the gospel. After we shared that, she started crying and said that her son had died last year during Christmas time and ever since then she's been very depressed and full of anger. Then she ended with "Can you guys come by tomorrow night? I want to hear more about this." It was a huge miracle! So, we're going to pass by tonight and help guide her in the right direction. It was so amazing!!

And of course, It was so good to talk to you guys!!!! I'm sorry that it was super loud and that I was crying at the end..... It had been a bit of an emotional morning because I had felt inspired that morning to study the basics of the gospel and to ponder on my testimony and how much it's grown since my first day on the mission and I had a super spiritual experience while doing that so of course when you asked me to bear my testimony I could hardly talk. But thank you for asking me to do that and giving me the opportunity to share it with you guys. Also, because of the noise and the pressure of the time limit, there was a lot of things that I wanted to tell you guys that I didn't get to say so I'm going to say it now. :) I want you guys to know how much I love you and how grateful I am for your examples to me and all that you do for me. Even though we are far away, my love and appreciation for each and every one of you grows everyday. I know that the key to a happy and eternal family like ours, is the gospel of Jesus Christ. And that's why I'm here in Puerto Rico. I'm here to help others have happy, eternal families like my own. Thank you for your sacrifices and for encouraging me and supporting me in serving a mission so that I can help others here have the same blessings that we enjoy as members of the true church. I love you guys so so very much and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a wonderful New Year! Love ya!

And thank you so much for sending a package for Hermana Melgar! We still haven't gotten it yet, but I'm sure it's great. Thank you thank you thank you!

Nathan, thanks for the awesome shirt! Christopher, thanks for the lotion! I always need more lotion... :) Heidi, thanks for the earrings! I love them! Amelia, thanks for the picture! Mom and Dad, thanks for the note cards and the apron and everything! And many thanks for the stocking! When I opened the package and saw the stocking I just about started crying. Thank you so much for everything! I feel so spoiled to have such a wonderful and thoughtful family. :) Love you guys!

And even though the presents were all wonderful, I'm extremely grateful for the one present given to us 2000 years ago in a humble stable in Bethlehem. I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and all He did for me. What a great blessing it is to have the opportunity to celebrate His birth and show our love for Him. In this new year we can follow the example of the wise men and brings gifts to our Savior and our Father in Heaven. We can give more time, more service, more testimony, more love, more patience, etc. What will you give Him this year?

Dad, question for you. In the call you said that you love the singles ward. Why do you love it so much? I'm curious. :)

~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment