Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 8, 2016

Hello family! It fills me with so much joy hearing from you guys every week. I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your examples and testimonies that you share with me. Thank you for everything!

Last week all of our investigators dropped us so this week we had to completely turn our time over to the Lord to help us find those who are prepared for the gospel, and it was incredible to see His hand in our lives and to see Him guide us to specific areas. We found a ton of new investigators and all of them are super interested! There was one, where we were in a new area and we didn't know where we should start so we said a little prayer and Hermana Curneal pointed to a street and said we should go here. So we started contacting and at the end of the street there was a 20 year old girl outside who we started talking to and we talked a bit about the Book of Mormon. We gave her one and told her that that was the key to really knowing God and Jesus Christ and drawing closer to them. She told us that she had been trying to find God and Christ in her life but wasn't sure how and nothing had worked before. She said that us meeting her must have been a sign and that maybe this was her answer. It was so cool! She was so prepared! She didn't come to church on Sunday, but we have an appointment with her tomorrow so hopefully she read the Book of mormon and we can help her feel the Spirit and gain her own testimony.

Also, we've been teaching an 8-year old daughter of a less active. The less active and her daughter have been coming to church every week for a while now, but the daughter, has always said no to baptism when we ask her about it. So this week we asked her again and again she said no. We asked her why and she's super shy so she hasn't ever told us but this time she told us that it's because she's scared of the water. We were able to calm her fears and practice with her so that she knew what to expect and then we asked her again if she wanted to be baptized. Like I said, she's super shy so she hardly talks to us and she wouldn't answer us. But then we felt inspired to give her our planner and a pen and asked her to write her answer. She did and then asked us to not read it until we left. Our hearts were pounding as we left and pulled out the planner and then we read, "Si!" We were soooo excited!!!!! So she's going to be baptized on the 20th! YAY!!!! :)

Also, we visited K. and H. this week and I was just overwhelmed with joy! We showed up and they were just so excited to tell us about the first family night they had had together a couple days before, and the movie of the Restoration that they watched, and how they are preparing to go to the Florida temple to be sealed in a year. They were so excited to tell us and it just made me so happy for them! They are so great and have such strong testimonies. The change they've made in their lives is huge and I feel so blessed to have been a part of that change. I can feel Heavenly Father's love for them and I know He's with them, helping them make this change. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it's true! It truly changes lives and turns the bad into the good and the good into the best.

This Sunday, we taught a lesson about missionary work and I found a scripture that I really loved! It's in Doctrine and Covenants 15:6. It says:
6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bringsouls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.
The thing of most value in our lives will be sharing the gospel with others and participating in missionary work. We truly will be blessed if we put other things to the side and focus on sharing our testimonies with others. Always keep your eyes out for ways that you can share the gospel with others and pray to have missionary experiences. I know you will be filled with more happiness and more peace as you devote more time to serving the Lord. :)

 I also love a scripture in Jacob 3:2 that says:
 
2 O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love;for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.

I love that it says that we can feast on God's love for us. God wants us to be happy and wants us to feel His love so if you ever feel lonely, overwhelmed, stressed, sad, or anything, in confidence you can turn to the Lord and ask Him to help you feel His love. And not only will you feel it, but you can feast on it. We can delight ourselves in His love and find the strength to continue on and live our days in happiness! I know God loves each and every one of you. You are His child and He knows you, cares about you, and loves you. Turn to Him and He will be there for you at all times.

Mom- I'll definitely be praying for you! Good luck with your work and everything and I hope you can find that internship!

Dad- thank you for listing those blessings. The Lord truly has blessed us and continues to bless us each and every day. I'm praying for you and your ward. Good luck with everything!

Nathan- I still can't get over the fact that you're engaged!! I'm super excited for you and can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding :)

Christopher- I'm dying to see where you go! I expect an email from you next week... :)

Heidi- thanks for the emails every week! I love you!

Amelia- great job with bearing your testimony! I love you!

Love you all!!!!

~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment