Sunday, February 14, 2016

January 18, 2016

What a week! I have so much to say, I just hope I have time to write it all. :)

This week I witnessed the greatest miracle yet in my mission! On Friday, we didn't have any appointments so we left to contact a new area. After a little while without any success we decided to go visit some less actives so we started driving back but on the way we both had the impression to drop by C. and K. (up to this point we still hadn't heard from them at all for 2 weeks). So we passed by their house but they weren't home. We were pretty disappointed, said a prayer for them, and then started heading back again. As we were stopped at a stop sign, they passed us in their car. We were so excited and Hermana Melgar said, "Hurry! Hurry! Follow them!" So we followed behind them for awhile and eventually they stopped at a gas station and we were able to talk to them! They invited us to dinner that night at their house so we were able to talk through things and find out what was going on and then they commited to baptism this coming Saturday! What a HUGE MIRACLE!!!!! It was incredible and afterwards Hermana Melgar and I were literally in tears as we prayed to thank the Lord for this miracle. It was the best thing that has happened in my mission!

Also, we did a "stop smoking" program with a less active, and he completed every step and now has no desire to ever smoke again. He has been smoking since he was 7 years old and now he's about 70 years old, so it was incredible to see him overcome this addiction and change his life. And he's attending church now and will probably be reactivated by next week! The young woman that we're teaching, A., is also ready to be baptized and will be baptized on Saturday too! We're super excited!!!!

I feel so extremely blessed to be able to be here in Cabo Rojo and to be able to see all of these blessings and miracles that are happening each and every day. These wards and this area is truly growing and progressing in the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and be apart of this miracle!

Hermana Melgar got her package this week!!!! Thank you so much for sending it! It was perfect! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Also, I printed out that family picture of you guys at Kylee's house during Thanksgiving and I've been showing it to basically everyone and I thought you guys would like to here what people say about you... :) Everyone says that I look exactly like you, mom and everyone sees you and says "Wow! Your parents are so young!" And in one lesson, I showed the picture to an elderly lady and she said "Wow, how handsome is he!" I said "who? The one in the blue? (Nathan)" she said, "well, he's ok too, but look at that one in the red! Que guapo! (How handsome!) (Christopher)" Haha, I thought that was really funny. :)

Sorry, I don't have a ton of time this week, so I'll send pictures next week but I want to leave you with a spiritual thought. This week I studied a lot about the vision of the tree of life and there are two parts this time that really stuck out to me. The first is that when Lehi tasted of the fruit, it says that he desired to share it with his family. I love this, because when we taste of the goodness of the gospel, we should have this desire to share it with everyone and to help them taste of the same happiness that we have experienced. Also, at the end when it's describing the group of people that were faithful and made it to the end, it says that they reached the tree and then fell down and partook of the fruit. It must not have been easy if they fell down when they reached the end of the path. The phrase "fell down" implies that they were struggling and fighting and pushing forward and finally when all their efforts were wasted, they fell down to partake of the blessings of their labors. This path isn't going to be easy. We're going to have to put in all we have to be able to reach the end. But we've been promised that it will be worth it. And even more, we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ to help us and give us more strength than our natural ability allows. How grateful I am for this gospel and for the Atonement of Christ that we can use everyday of our lives to continue onward in this glorious fight for truth!

I love you all and am so grateful for you love and support!!!! Hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!

~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment