Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 11, 2016 - "Finding Strength"

Sisters Allan and Curneal

District Photos




New companion for exchanges

Back with Sister Curneal
Hello everyone! This week we were so blessed with a countless number of miracles!!!! Last week we had basically started again from ground zero so this week we desperately needed new investigators and we found so many! Heavenly Father truly blessed us and helped us find these people and we're so excited to work with them this coming week. They all have so much potential so we're hoping for lots of progress, baptismal dates, and investigators in church on Sunday. The sad news is that our golden investigator, A., won't be getting baptized this Saturday. But don't worry, he's still golden! He's progressing like crazy and it's amazing seeing how much desire and conviction he has. He just had problems with transportation so couldn't make it to church on Sunday and he needs more time to quit coffee so we're moving his date, but I'm positive he'll be baptized by the end of the month.

This Sunday was a super difficult heart-breaking Sunday for me. We showed up a bit late because our ride came late so when we got there I just went straight to the piano to start playing. When I looked up at the ward, I was overwhelmed by the number of empty rows. There were hardly any members there.... It just broke my heart in two seeing how many people had let the small and simple things slip out of their lives and had forgotten about their testimonies and the many blessings of the Lord in their lives. It made me so sad. This has been the biggest struggle in my mission so far- having two wards to work with. They're still new and are so dependent on the help of the missionaries so when we work with one ward, the other ward crumbles. I've found it very difficult to support both wards at the same time. So this week was a bit rough, but honestly I've learned so much from this experience working here in Cabo Rojo. I've grown and been strengthened and I know that everything has happened for a reason. I'm just hoping and praying that these members can be strengthened as well and that this ward can pick itself back up and get going again. Your prayers would be much appreciated! :) 

Really I've loved my time here in Cabo Rojo. It's been hard at times, but I've fallen in love with the area and the people. I don't want to leave, but I most likely will at the end of this transfer. I've loved it here and I can feel of the love that God has for each and everyone of these people!

Sunday night was fun because we had a sleepover with the sisters! We had 12 sisters stay at our tiny little apartment last night and then left early this morning to visit the lighthouse and then go out to lunch. It was so much fun and I'm so grateful that I have had this opportunity to meet so many wonderful people and I'm so grateful for their examples to me and for their love. Pictures will come next week! :)

It looks like you guys had so much fun on the cruise! I'm a little jealous, but we'll just have to go on another one when I get back. :) Thanks for all the pics! I sure have a lovely family! And bendito, Nathan and Michelle are THE cutest couple ever. ADORABLE!

I really do love you all so much and am so grateful for your examples to me. This week I was filled with gratitude for our loving Father in Heaven and was reminded many times of His power and goodness. I know I'm weak and that alone, I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything. I have so many faults and weaknesses that would hinder the Lord's work, but how grateful I am for God who loves me, is patient with me, and who helps strengthen me to be able to do His work. It's only with His help and by His power that we can work miracles in our lives and in the lives of others. Go to Him. Rely on Him in everything. He will be with you and He will help you.

Thanks so much for all you do! Love you all so so very much!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment