Sunday, May 1, 2016

March 28, 2016 - "Charity Never Faileth"

Sister Zone Activity

Biggest Calzone Ever!
Happy Easter!
This week was so much better! Hermana Curneal started feeling a bit better and we started working a bit on Tuesday and then on Wednesday we were able to do a full day again. So that was really nice to be out working! :) On Friday night we had a lesson with an Atheist which is the first Atheist that I've taught on my mission. I was super nervous because I wasn't really sure what to say, but we went in there completely relying on the Spirit to help us know what to say. In that lesson, I felt the love of the Lord so strongly for that couple. They had a hard time accepting the message of the Restoration, so really all we could do was bear our testimonies of the existence of God and of His son Jesus Christ. It was a powerful moment. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the knowledge I have of a Father in Heaven who loves us and cares about us and is with us in every moment. The Spirit worked through us to be able to use the authority and power which we have been given as missionaries and testify of God and of Jesus Christ. And even though they never accepted the message and don't want our visits anymore, my own testimony was strengthened from that experience. I know we have a loving Father in Heaven and the Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives. How grateful I am for that knowledge.

I was also so filled with love for these people this week. I've been praying to really feel the Lord's love for each and every one of them and this week I truly felt that. I know that the Lord loves each and every one of us and that "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."

We had an interesting experience with a lady we were teaching. We had just finished teaching the Restoration and we took some time to get to know her husband and her son and they offered us a drink so we said yes and they came out with something that looked like apple juice. We kept talking and as I started taking a drink, it didn't taste like apple juice... or like anything I had tried before. But I thought that it must be a kind of fruit that I had never tried before so I kept drinking. Then the husband mentioned something about iced tea and I was like... uh oh. I hesitated for a moment and started thinking, "well just drink it this time, but next time ask what it is before you drink it..." But after a moment, I was like "of course I can't drink this!" So I told them that we don't actually drink iced tea and after a awkward moment or two they changed out our iced tea for some juice. Then later on in the conversation the husband mentioned how he had a hard time respecting people who don't live what they believe. How awkward would that have been if we had finished the iced tea and then he had found out that we aren't supposed to drink it? Never again will I hesitate when it comes to withholding the Lord's standards. Jeopordizing those standards isn't worth avoiding a few moments of awkwardness. Learn the Lord's standards and do all you can to keep them and stand up for them. I'm so grateful that I was able to have that experience and stand up for what I know is true.

Also, we met a golden investigator this week! She was a contact from several weeks ago but Hermana Curneal had the thought to call a few old contacts that we hadn't revisited yet and she was one of them. (Her name is A.). A. accepted an appointment with us and in the first lesson was so interested and excited to hear about the Restoration. She committed to reading the Book of Mormon, to being baptized if she received an answer, and to coming to church with us. Sunday she loved church and all of the classes were perfect for her! It was incredible! I'm super excited to teach her! :)

Saturday we had an activity for the 174th anniversary of the Relief Society and after that we watched the women's conference which was absolutely incredible!!!! It was a spiritual boost that I desperately needed. I felt the Spirit so strongly and feel so inspired and motivated to be a good person and to always be lost in the service of others. I love the quote that says "love is making space in your life for someone else." As we give our time to helping and serving others, they will feel of our love and even more importantly, they will feel of the Savior's love for them. I encourage you all to pray for service opportunities and then be aware each and every day for those opportunities to bless, inspire, and enrich others' lives. One of the sweetest feelings is knowing that you acted on the Lord's errand in answering the prayers of His children. I promise that as you pray and search for these opportunities, the Spirit will guide you to those who need your love.

Unfortunately, Easter doesn't really exist here... I was looking forward to talks and classes in church centered around Christ and the atonement but there weren't any.... but it was ok, because they addressed better the needs of our investigator. :) But no one really celebrates it, so it was a normal day contacting and working hard. But it was good. :)

I didn't see Holly, but I'm glad she enjoyed her stay! That's funny that she mentioned the humidity, because honestly I've kind of forgotten about it. It never feels humid to me anymore. I just love it. :) Puerto Rico has my heart and I'm just never going to leave! Until November anyways.... :)

I'm glad you guys had a good Easter!!! Thanks for all your prayers in behalf of Hermana Curneal and for all of your support and love!!! And also, I think you should postpone your cruise until november... just saying. :) I love you all!!!!!

Mom- good luck with school! You can do it! You're almost there! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment