Sunday, May 1, 2016

March 21, 2016 - "Home Sweet Home"

Sister Curneal super sick

Got a yummy "acai" bowl to get out of the house during a long sickness
Well, "home" wasn't so sweet this week. We had a pretty good start of the week (which I'll talk about in a bit), but then Friday the alarm goes off at 6:30 and Hermana Curneal turns to me and says "Hermana, I'm really sick." She had a super high fever and was in a lot of pain and didn't have any energy at all. So we called for the elders to come give her a blessing and then stayed the whole day in the house so she could sleep. We thought she would be better after that, but she wasn't. Saturday and Sunday we spent all day in the house as well. The first 3 or 4 hours in the house were really nice because I could catch up on sleep and study some of the things that I haven't had time to study, but after that, we were so bored. We've watched every single church movie we have and I've read a gazilion chapters in the scriptures and I've written a ton in my journal, and we've just struggled entertaining ourselves. We are pretty sure she has Chickenguna which is a pretty common virus from mosquitos. The sad part is that it really affects the joints and bones, so it just hurts her a lot to move and she runs out of energy really fast. We're hoping to be able to get out of the house a bit more this week, but it usually lasts a week or two so we'll see what happens....

But the first half of the week had been pretty good! We found a lady named M. who had had visits from the missionaries about 10 years ago but then had lost contact with them when she moved to San Juan. But just recently she moved back and was so excited to see us! I know we were truly guided to her and that now is her time. I'm so excited to teach her! Also, I've been working and praying so hard so that I can be more bold and I had an awesome experience with it this week with a man named Miguel. He was a contact in the street and we were talking to him about attending church and he told us what he thought we need to do to follow Christ and after sharing a few scriptures and explaining that to follow Christ we have to go to church, he didn't know what to say. The Spirit helped us know what to say so that we could confound him in all his words and help him recognize how important it was to go to church. In the end he muttered, "Yeah I guess I need to come to church..." It was awesome. :)

Well, that was about all this week. Hermana Curneal is still really dead today so we'll be sleeping a lot again, but hopefully tomorrow we can hit the ground running. :)

Mom- my clothes are doing pretty good. Some are looking a bit worn, but they're holding up great! Also, my scriptures could use some new cases.... if they're expensive don't worry about it, but just some cheap plain ones would work great. That's crazy that Holly will be in Puerto Rico! I'll let you know if I see her. I kind of hope I do because that will mean that we're out of the house and working again.... :)

Sorry that my letter is so short this week, but just know that I love you all so so very much and am praying for you every day! I love you!!!!! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment