Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 18, 2016 - "The healing power of the Gospel"



Hello family! I love you all so so so so so so very much!!!!!!!!! I just hope you all know that :)

This week was wonderful. It's been so exciting as we've been preparing our investigator A. for his baptism this Saturday. He is incredible. I feel so honored to have been chosen as the missionary to find him and teach him. He inspires me. Everything we teach he accepts without a complaint and is changing his entire life around. He's always had a pretty rough life and hasn't been involved in good things but he seriously has done a 180 in his life and it's incredible to see the change and to see how happy he is now. We talk to him just about every day and every time he always bears his testimony to us and thanks us for the wonderful opportunity we've given him to learn of the gospel of Christ. This week we taught the word of wisdom and he had a huge problem with coffee. He basically lived off of coffee. So every day we called him to give him our support and remind him not to drink coffee. One day when we called him, he said, "It's ok, I already did it. I dropped it and I'm never going back." what?! We were so happy!!! Also, one day we got a call from him and he was super depressed and was going through a lot of things and told us that he just wanted to "go home". We knew what that meant and it scared us to death. In that moment I prayed harder than I have ever prayed in my life and we called him probably like 5 times that day to make sure he was ok and to share some scriptures and positive thoughts with him. Then a couple days later he told us. "I'm a man of my words and before, I would never give you my word that I wouldn't take my life, but now, because of the knowledge of this gospel that you've given me, I give you my word. I will never do it." It was the most wonderful moment. The gospel truly heals us. It truly comforts us. It truly saves us.

Also, one day a member was giving us a ride to an appointment and when we got there they told us that their sister lived next door. He said she had never received missionaries before because she had listened to her brother and sister (who are members) talk about the church and it didn't interest her at all. We told him we would pass by when we could and then we left for our appointment. Well, our appointment wasn't home so we thought let's just pass by her now. So we dropped by and she left us in! We started talking a bit and halfway through, she breaks down crying and opens up to us and tells us all these things she's going through and that we were an answer to her prayers. It gave us a great opportunity to introduce her to the healing power of the gospel and she seems to be so receptive and I'm sure she'll find what she's looking for in the message of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's incredible that God prepares these people and that they'll come to the knowledge of the truth in the right place and in the right time and it's up to us to make sure we're in the right place at the right time so that we are there for those who the Lord has prepared in that moment. It was such a cool experience!

Thanks mom for getting that package together! You're the best! Also, you should download FB messenger because there is a recent convert we're working with that has been sending you pictures of us when we visit her. And it has a cheesy video of us singing so.... yeah. :)

Hermana Curneal and I were brainstorming this week for how we are representatives of Jesus Christ and how we're like Him in our service. She mentioned something that I thought was really profound. She said that just like Christ is our advocate with the Father, we are the advocates for those we pray for. We plead for their souls and for the things they need and have faith that Christ will hear our prayers and bless them with the things they need. I thought that was really cool. We really can become like Christ in all things that we do. He is our example and through His atonement we can become perfected in Him.

Oh I guess you want to hear about transfers huh? :) Well...... drum roll please..... I'm staying here with Hermana Curneal! I was not expecting that at all. I'm going to have 5 transfers here or in other words, almost 8 months! Crazy, huh? It's weird because I get two skype calls on my mission and both will be here in Cabo Rojo... But I'm really excited. I have a feeling that it's going to be a great transfer! I know there is so much more work that needs to be done here and I'm so grateful that I have another transfer to work with these people and that I can be here for A's baptism! :) And Hermana Curneal and I get along great so it's going to be wonderful! :) and honestly I don't think it'lll feel any different from training. I really never felt like I was training. She was already trained. :)

And thanks dad for doing my taxes! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Good luck with school and work and everything!!!! :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment