Sunday, May 1, 2016

March 14, 2016 - "It is Worth It"

Beautiful Puerto Rican Sky

Baptism!

Sunday Selfie
What a week. It was a roller coaster for sure. We've been working so hard the past two weeks, but honestly, we haven't seen much success or progress so it's been really difficult to not get discouraged. But we've been fighting! We're pushing along and are being shaped and molded in the process and I know that the Lord is preparing us for something even bigger and even better further down the road. And the best part about missionary work is that even when it's hard or frustrating or tiring, we have the assurance and the hope that it is all worth it. Everything single bit of it. Our efforts are never wasted. Even if we can't see the fruits of our labors immediately, we are promised that as we serve and bring the restored gospel to others with diligence and faith, the blessings will come. That has helped me so much this week and I know that we will always be blessed for our efforts if we just keep pushing on and keep trying. :)

Last Sunday, one of our less actives came to church and she brought her friend with her who is super interested in the gospel! She has come to church two times and she went to a ward activity and we've been able to teach her a couple times now with members so we're super excited about that! The only problem is that her parents are very Catholic and she doesn't want them to know she's receiving the missionaries or going to church or anything so right now we can't set a baptismal date with her which was a bit disappointing but I'm confident that with time, she'll feel the Spirit and the testimony that she has will grow and she'll accept a baptismal date.

Also, we had a baptism on Saturday for an investigator of the elders! She's the cutest and we've been working a bit with her too and we'll be doing the post-baptism lessons so it was so good to see her be baptized! And this week was a seafood week! Up until this week I had only eaten fish once or twice and it was at the beginning of my mission and I told Hermana Curneal on Tuesday that I was so happy that I haven't been given very much seafood because I don't like it at all. And that jinxed the whole week..... We were given fish three days in a row! And not just a little bit of fish but a lot of fish and we had to have seconds too! It was a bit rough.... but I did it! :) But don't worry, I still don't like seafood.... :)

This week was perfect because as we were struggling a bit I came across this scripture in Alma 26 in my studies:
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
It was an answer to my prayers. It was exactly what I needed to pick myself up and get back to work because the Lord has promised success if we are patient amidst our trials. I love how the Lord really knows what we need and because He loves us, He will put these things in our lives to strengthen us and give us that boost we need. Even though this week was a bit difficult I've been humbled and strengthened and I'm ready to get back out and get going and share this message that has changed my life in so many ways with everyone I see. I love being part of the Lord's army to prepare the world for His coming. No matter how hard it gets, I love being a missionary!!! :)

Thank you all so much for everything you do for me! Thank you for your prayers and for your support and your love. I love you all so so very much and I hope you have a wonderful week! I'm praying for you every day and I wish you well in all you do! :)

Love you all!!!!! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment