Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25, 2016 - All is Well


Zone Meeting

New companions, Hermana Keith and Hermana Allan

Exchanges with Hermana Chavez
Wow, wow, wow. So much to share and never enough time, but I'm going to try my best!

This week was amazing! We started off with zone meeting which was super crazy because it was Hna. Keith's first one, but it went so good! We had a mini heart attack, because right before we started Pres. Boucher and his wife walked in..... but we survived so it's all good. :)
Then we had a gazilion miracles! We're teaching someone named M. and he has been so prepared! Every time we teach him, he understands so well and is so willing to keep all of the commitments. This week we taught him the word of wisdom and he had some major coffee problems but after we explained it to him, we asked him to give up coffee and he said "well, I have to do it. I don't have a choice. That's the only way that I can get baptized and follow Christ." What?! It was incredible! He's going to be baptized the 20th of August so please keep him in your prayers!
Also, we've been trying really hard to get more member referrals. So we prayed to know what members we should visit and then made plans to visit them. On Saturday we visited one and while we were there, her friend whom she had brought to church last week came in and we started talking and getting to know him and then we shared a message about the restoration. He loved it all and then came to church again yesterday! Another wonderful miracle! Missionary work really is a lot more effective and efficient when missionaries work together with the members. We should all be participating in missionary work to be able to strengthen the church and bring others to Christ. Sometimes I think "I wish I could be a missionary forever." But really, we can! We all can be missionaries! I'm super excited to work with the missionaries when I get home. It'll be so fun! :)
Then, we left that members house we started our super long walk to our next appointment. 5 min later, some members drove by and asked us if we wanted a ride, which we of course accepted. So we got to the area of our appointment early and felt like we should contact before going to the appointment. We past a couple that was unloading groceries so we stopped and helped them bring the groceries inside their house and then we stayed and talked to them for awhile. Turns out, they are less actives and are so willing to come back to church! I know the Lord had been preparing them and that He put us in their path. We never know who the Lord is preparing so we should always be searching for opportunities to share with others. :) Another incredible miracle! 

Today I found a cool little scripture chain that I want to share about studies. I was thinking that it's such a cool thought that me, along with 70,000 plus missionaries start their studies at 8am (mas o menos with time changes) to study the scriptures and start the preparations for the day. In our studies we prepare ourselves by putting on the armor of God and by developing an "eye single to the glory of God" which, according to D&C 88:67, allows us to receive more light. When we receive more light, we are receiving the "image of God upon our countenances" (Alma 5). That prepares us to leave and preach the gospel and represent Christ because we will literally have His image "engraven upon our countenances". Our studies prepare us to represent Him and bear His name and receive the light that we can then share with others as we share the message of the restoration. I'm so grateful for the time we have for studies each and every day and that we can draw closer to Christ to be better disciples and instruments in His hands.
Also, Hermana Keith and I were talking a lot about the joy of being a missionary. I have never been happier. Nothing I could have done back home would have given me this level of happiness and joy. There's something so incredible about spending every moment talking about Christ and about the good news of the restored gospel. This is true joy. Sure, missionary work is super hard and I'm not a huge fan of walking all day in 100 degree weather and constantly having a waterfall of sweat down my back and having doors slammed in my face and watching people reject the gospel, but I'm still happy. I love what I do and I love the gospel and I love my Savior. I know that no matter how hard life gets, or how many challenges and trials are thrown at us, or how bad things are in the world, the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless us with internal peace and joy and we will be able to smile and say "All is well."
I love you all so much and am so grateful for your emails every week! Good luck with school and work and everything! I'm praying for you. LOVE YOU!!!!!! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment