Friday, July 22, 2016

June 20, 2016 - Going Home

Hermana Helmick and HermanaAllan

Exchanges with Hermana Lagunas






Hello family! I love you all so much!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) 

This week was pretty wonderful! It started a bit stressful because on Tuesday we had zone meeting and as sister training leaders we had to teach the whole zone.... I was so super nervous. I've never been very good at public speaking or being in front of groups of people and I was so worried I would mess up or make a fool of myself. But I prayed so hard beforehand that He would help me have the  Spirit to know what to say and do to help the missionaries in the zone. And the moment we stood up to teach, all of the nerves went away and everything went wonderfully. Then after the meeting, two missionaries came up to us and told us that we had answered their prayers and helped them know what to do with their investigators. It was such a cool experience. I know that God doesn't call the qualified but that He qualifies the called. It was such an amazing learning experience and I'm so grateful for these opportunities that I have to grow in ways I didn't think possible!

Then we had a cool little Spirit-guided miracle this week. We desperately needed new investigators but we weren't really sure where to go to find them. So we prayed and an area came into our minds very clearly. So we went their to contact for like 2 hours, but we didn't find anyone. We were a bit disappointed but we couldn't deny that the Lord needed us there. We had both felt it and had both thought of that specific area so we knew someone was there waiting for us. So we went back the next day and we found lots of new people with interest! :) I love that the Lord will also prepare His children and will guide us to them to bring them the blessings of the gospel.

Then, guess what?! I got to go back home to Aguas Buenas!!!! It was so weird being back there but it was so fun to walk those streets again and see some of the people that I had been working with when I was there. I worked with Hermana Lagunas from Mexico and we had a great time together! She is an iincredible missionary and just the sweetest! :) It was a bit rough climbing the infamous hills again, but it was fun at the same time. :)

I read the coolest talk this week called the 4th missionary by Lawrence E. Corbridge and I want to share a couple quotes from it. He said, "The realization of your amazing, astounding, and true potential happens only in the hands of the Lord. But you and only you can place yourselves in those masterful, loving hands."

"Just give it up. Surrender your will to Him. Unconditionally. Withold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams, and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid, and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."

The only thing we have to give to Him is our will. I know if we give it to Him we will become so much more than we ever knew we could be. We can put our trust in Him and He will lead us onward. Never forget the power that our loving Father in Heaven has to help you reach your divine potential. I know He is there and that He loves each and every one of us. He will never abandon us, but will carry us through the trials of life and help us learn and grow and become more like Him. 

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!!! And I hope you feel better soon mom! I'm so sorry you've been so sick... :( I love you all and am always praying for you. Love you! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment