Friday, July 22, 2016

May 9, 2016 - I Cannot Be Shaken

Plan of Salvation Breanna made

Sister Allan and her trainee, Sister Curneal


Skyping on Mothers Day
Hello!!!!! I love you all so so so so so so very much!!!! I hope you all know that. It was so good to see you all yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to skype me and for all of your love and support. It was so good to finally meet Michelle and to see all your smiling faces! :) Mom, I feel so bad that I didn't even say happy mothers day until the very end, but just know, I was thinking about you basically all day. I just love you so much and I hope you had a wonderful day! Hermana Curneal and I were talking about mothers the other day and she asked me "what kind of mom do you want to be". I said "a good one..." Then she asked "what exactly is a 'good' mom?" I didn't even have to think about it when I said "My mom."  I really love you so much and am so grateful for all you do for me. And I'm sorry that I started crying at the end! It's just because I was so overwhelmed with love for each and every one of you. Heavenly Father has blessed me with not feeling homesick but I've definitely come to love and appreciate my family even more. I love you all so so very much!!!! :) 


We also had some really cool experiences this week where the Spirit guided us to be in the right place at the right time. It was incredible. We met an 18 year old girl, N., who is just dying to learn about the gospel. We had a short contact with her and left her with a pamphlet and when we came back to visit her the first thing she said was "can you help me understand this pamphlet. I really want to learn about this message." she has such great faith and I'm so excited to work with her! Also, one day we were contacting in a building of apartments and we both had the impression to pass by an old investigator who I had worked with a lot when I first got here in the trio, but then we had dropped her because she wasn't progressing at all. But we passed by this week and she just started bawling. She told us that it was the anniversary of her sons death and she felt so lonely and abandoned by God and was having a really hard day, but then we passed by and she knew that it would all be ok. It's incredible that God can use us to answer the prayers of His children and bring them the peace and joy that they are searching for.

I'm sorry I don't have a whole lot to share this week, but really it was a fabulous week. :) I just want to testify that Christ lives. And that we have a Father in Heaven who truly loves us. I know that if we put our lives in His hands, everything will be ok. We just need to trust in Him. I testify that this is the true church and the one true way that we can repent and be clean and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I've had so many people on my mission try to convince me otherwise, but thanks to the goodness of God I can echo the words of Jacob in the Book of Mormon that "I [can] not be shaken." This is the truth. There is no doubt about it. This is the way to achieve exaltation in the presence of our Eternal Father. 

In case you didn't know, I love you all so so so so so very much!!!! and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week!!!! 

~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment