Friday, July 22, 2016

May 30, 2016 - An Eternity in Cabo Rojo






1st experience eating crab and loved it
Hello family! It was so good to see all those pictures this week! Graduation seemed like so much fun! And Bendito Nathan... Love it. :) congratulations Christopher!!! 

This week was another wonderful week! :) on Monday we went to an investigators house and they were eating crabs. They gave us some so I can now say I've eaten crab. And guess what? I loved it! It was so good! They gave us the entire crab and we had to peel it open to take out the meat. It was probably one of the weirdest things I've done, but it was so good. Also, I had a really cool experience with those investigators. They have tons of questions about the Book of Mormon and this time they asked about the gold plates and where are they now. It has always scared me to get that question because it's something that takes a lot of faith to accept. But as I was thinking about how I could answer it in a round about way, something that President Boucher had told me came to my mind. He had said, "be bold sister Allan. This has eternal importance." After thinking of that, I told the investigators directly that Joseph smith gave them to an angel who has them still today. After a brief pause, one of them basically bore his testimony to us of the importance of having faith and of asking God to know if these things are true. It was incredible. I realized that it's our job to present the gospel clearly and boldly and if we do, the spirit will bless others with understanding and will help them feel and know that these things are true. It was such a huge testimony building experience for me.

Then we did a fun service project for an investigator. We built a water system on her house that collects rain water to use for her bathroom and laundry because she cant afford the water bills. It was fun cutting wood, hammering, building, etc. I don't really know why I enjoyed it so much, but I did. :) and even better, it works, :)

Another cool experience from this week is that on Thursday night we realized that we didn't have any new investigators yet. So we set aside some time on Friday to contact and find new ones and then we set a goal that we would find three. So we started contacting and we found one right off the bat. But then we kept going and weren't having very much luck. It was just about time to go home but we had a feeling to contact one more house so we did. But guess what, they weren't interested. But right as we started walking back a son and his dad pulled up into the house across the street and I had a distinct thought in my head "contact them. They're the ones." We went over to talk to them and they were super interested! It was incredible because we wouldn't have found them had we not stopped to contact that last house. It was a huge miracle and we met our goal! :)

Then we had an absolutely wonderful sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was a missionary Sunday so Hermana curneal and I spoke and one of the elders spoke and everything just fit together wonderfully. The spirit was so strong, it was amazing. And that night we had a fireside about prayer and that was equally amazing. It was so powerful and exactly what I needed especially right before transfer calls.....

That leads me to transfers... And guess what?I'm staying in Cabo Rojo! Haha, just kidding. :) wouldn't that have been funny. :) but no. Actually president called me last night and asked me to be a sister training leader in Guayama! I'm super excited but way super nervous too. I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed and inadequate ever since he called me. But I have to keep reminding myself that God called me. He sees something in me that I can share with others and I just hope and pray that I can do all He needs me to do. It's going to be fun because Aguas buenas is one of the areas I'll be doing exchanges in as STL. :) it's also the area where all the sisters gain lots of weight..... you may be rolling me off the plane. :) my companion will be Hermana helmick who is from Virginia. She was Hermana stevens comp right before me and I already know her really well so I am super excited to be comps with her! 

So thats it! There ends my stay in Cabo rojo. I'm really sad to leave after being here for so long but I know it'll all be ok. I'm so grateful for the time I've had here and feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful and miraculous last transfer here. And sorry that I don't really have a spiritual thought today but we had some computer problems so now I don't have time to do one, but I'll be sure to put it in next week. Just now that I love you so much!!!! I know this church is true and that God is our loving father in heaven and that His son Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. 

I love you all so much!!! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week! 


-- 
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment