Friday, July 22, 2016

May 2, 2016 - Teaching Frenzy

What a wonderful week!!!! Seriously this week was amazing. So busy, super crazy, and extremely exhausting, but wonderful. :) We finally found out how to balance out our lessons with the Boricuas insane ability to talk for hours and we finally got to use our time in an effective way. So we were able to teach and find SO MANY PEOPLE! It was awesome. As missionaries that's what makes us feel the most successful- teaching. If people don't let us in to teach, it's hard to keep going, but when we can teach we're filled with so much satisfaction and happiness. So it was wonderful that we got to teach so much this week. :) And we found a ton of new investigators! We're super excited to start working with them all and get them going towards baptism!

We had a cool experience this week with a less active. She suffers from depression so she usually locks herself in her house and never leaves and never accepts us in. But we've been praying to have the opportunity to help her through this and to find a way to get in her house or to get her out of her house. So one day we were on our way to an appointment and then we had the impression that we should stop by her house first. So we dropped by and there she was, outside going for a little walk to the end of her street and back. It was perfect. So we were finally able to talk to her and we set an appointment with her and were able to teach her two days later. It was incredible that the Lord put us in her path and just the right down. She was only going for a short walk and probably would have been outside for only 5 minutes, but we passed by within that 5 minute interval and were able to talk with her. It was incredible and I know it was the Lord that prepared her for that moment and led us to her. 

I found this scripture this week that made me think of you guys. Always remember that you're in my prayers and that I hope and pray that God will be with you always and will help you have the strength to keep moving onward. Moroni 8:3-
am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and gracewill keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY mom and dad!!!!!!!! Thanks for being such wonderful parents. I love you guys so so so very much!!!! :) 

I'm loving my mission more and more each and every day!!! I've been thinking a lot lately about how the misison has changed me and about who I'm becoming and I've realized that the mission has changed me in so many different ways. It's helped me be more selfless, more aware of the small tender mercies of the Lord, more diligent in following the Lord in each and every moment, more confident, more happy, and much much more. I know that this gospel changes us. It helps us draw closer to our Father in Heaven and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. And ultimately, it makes us happier. I'm so grateful for a God who loves us enough to refine us and mold us into better and happier people. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and give of myself to Him. And I'm so grateful to have such a supportive family in this endeavor. Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you!!!!!! 

Also, thanks for keeping up the blog mom! Last week while we were emailing I heard "Sister Breanna Allan, I wonder who that is". I turned around and apparently, (don't ask me how) the elders found my blog.... but it's looking great so thanks so much! :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!!! I love you!!! And see you on Sunday! We're going over to bishops house at 5 and Hermana Curneal is going first so I'll probably be on around 6 or 6:30 which is 4 or 4:30 where you are. and only 45 minutes again, but it'll be great! I can't wait!!!!! See you all soon! :)

--
~Hermana Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment